1930’s Quilt – Moving Along

Last year I made blocks of this pattern with 1930’s reproduction fabrics for a king sized quilt. I used different fabrics, and for whatever reason when I laid them out, I was unhappy with the way it looked. I know it is supposed to be scrappy, but the values of the fabrics somehow didn’t work for me.

So once I got over the disappointment, I decided to buy some Moda 1930’s reproduction fabrics that I thought would work better. I pulled out some of the ones I like from the first batch, and waited a few months until the disappointment passed.

Last week I got a bad throat infection and was flattened until Sunday when I finally got some energy back. And then there was a bad ice storm in the Northeast. It was too dangerous to go outside for anything.

I pulled out the squares and the strips I cut for the new blocks and sewed and sewed….

These are the finished blocks I chose to keep. The other half are almost finished with the white border – 72 blocks in all.

Then I will will arrange them and sew them together. This will be a double-sized quilt now, instead of king-sized. 

Being snow bound on Sunday kept me glued to my sewing machine, and I was so motivated to finish the bulk of this.

Fortunately, I had Biscuit to keep me laughing and cheer me on.

He checked on my progress and then wanted to get into the sewing.

He is a really quilting cat.

Hopefully by Saturday, I will have all the blocks sewn together, and will have just the binding left.

I will be linking up with WIP Wednesday with Freshly Pieced Modern Quilts and WIP Link up with Ft. Worth Fabric Studio.

Happy Quilting!! If you are in a wintry part of the world – stay warm and dry.